The return to Level 2 (and the gathering limit of 100) means we will revert to our usual two services... read more
Located on the corner of Mangati and Devon Roads in Bell Block, this co-operating church was dedicated on the 26th of May 1990. This site was originally home to a Methodist Church and cemetery. The church is used by the Methodist, Anglican and Presbyterian communities.
The name "St Luke's" comes from the first Anglican Church in Bell Block. This was located on the grounds of what is today St Luke's Cemetery, at the end of Murray Road, with a boundary on Devon Road. It was opened on St Luke's Day, 1857 by Archdeacon Govett's locum, the Rev. Meyrick Lally.
This original building was demolished in 1901 and the foundation stone for a new church was laid on the 26th of September 1901 by Archdeacon Govett. The church was consecrated on the 5th of February 1906 by Bishop Neligan. In February 1976 the church was moved to Mr. B. Rumball's farm on Dorset Road.
|Phone||(06) 755 1222|
|Address||2 Mangati Road, Bell Block|
- Sunday 9.00am Bell Block & 10.30am Lepperton