We are cooking up a family friendly update on The Cathedral Project. Featuring Archbishop Philip Richardson, Architect Jenny Goddard and plenty... read more
St Lukes is a timber church, opened in 1879. In later years a front porch and modern cladding were added. In 1962 the Presbyterian and Methodists combined, and the church became The Patea Presbyterian and Methodist Church. In 1971 the church was moved to prevent it from shading the new manse. Mr Hunger donated the additional area of land required to reposition the church. The original Manse associated with this
church was moved to Kent Street in 1958 and is still used as a residence.
While St Lukes is a Methodist/Presbyterian church it is part of the Taranaki Anglican Diocese.
|Phone||06 273 8969|
|Address||4 Oxford Street|
Contact person: John Hill available on 06 273 8969. Minister in charge: Archdeacon Trevor Harrison, South Taranaki Regional Dean 027 896 5690.
Church services: Sunday 9.30am