Although light rain falls, the aroha and warmth of Archdeacon Tiki Raumati shines through as people of all races and... read more
Supporting the cathedral – how you can help us
At our cathedral, people give in many different ways. Many give time and volunteer support to one of our dozens of groups.
There are myriad options – everything from staffing our Welcome Desk or Community Café to joining a group dedicated to a specific task.
People also give money on a regular basis. This helps keep the operational aspects of the church running, as well as enabling us to reach out to the community in mission and ministry.
If you are an existing donor, thank you. Have you considered giving via automatic payment? Have you considered increasing your automatic payment?
If you are not a donor please consider helping by:
- Starting an automatic payment – forms available on the Welcome Desk at the cathedral
- Depositing money in our bank account: 15 3942 0578002 80
- Leaving a donation in our donation box or by eftpos – both at our Welcome Desk
- Joining the Friends of the Cathedral group. Information at our Welcome Desk
- Leaving a gift in your will. You can ask a solicitor to add a ‘codicil’ to an existing document,
- or you can choose to make a fresh will.
For those starting or changing an automatic payment form please return the form to cathedral treasurer Kathy Varley so that a donor number can be entered in the reference box. This allows the cathedral to accurately record donations and to issue a donation receipt at the end of the financial year.
If donating by internet banking, email the treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address so a donor number can be given to you. When making the internet banking donation, enter name and donor number.
Tax credits can be claimed for donations to the Cathedral. The credit is 33.3 % of donations made during the year. Donation receipts can be claimed up to the amount of your taxable income. Receipts in your name can be shared with your spouse or partner.