Sunday services will begin in the Peace Hall from this Sunday at eight and ten am. This pattern will be in place until Level One.
However, there are some differences between what we can offer safely at Level Two and what was offered before lockdown.
- Services of ‘The Word’ only. No communion.
- Instrumental music only. No singing.
- 50 seats maximum (due to social distancing requirements)
- No refreshments or social gathering after service.
- No Faith Crew. Children invited to bring own toys to worship instead.
- Jacqui and Dan to present worship (one person per microphone)
- You are encouraged to bring your own pen to fill out contact tracing forms at entry
- One entry only (Vivian Street).
- There will be a ‘retiring’ offertory (offerings placed in container near the entry door).
Weekly Communion Services will be offered most days from Tuesday 2 June at 10am in the Upper Hatherley Chapel. Because numbers are limited to six, it is crucial to book in by either phoning or emailing the Cathedral Office before attending. Timetables for the coming week will be available from the Sunday.
Also… please do not feel you have to be there on Sundays in this Level Two period. I cannot emphasise enough the care we all must have for our health at this time. Please be assured we will welcome you whenever you can return, and in the meantime we are joined in prayer- and with each other!
Other ways of communicating
- Sunday Sermon, Faith Crew, Pukeko Stomp and Café Zoom on Facebook and/or Website
- E-ffervescene and Effervescence continue
- Evensong offered on the web-site
- Phone calls and caring for one another continue