What a wonderous week it has been! The welcome of Jay, preparation of the Hatherley spaces for the impending building site discombobulation, opening of the vicarage for people to say their farewells and share precious memories, and the blessing of the grounds in preparation for what is to come… read more
As the year turns we look forward to what we hope will become some of the highlights of 2018:
- Dean Peter is offering a six week series during Lent for any adults who would like to consider being confirmed in their faith. Confirmation is performed by the Bishop, as he lays his hands on your head and confirm in you the faith that is deepening and growing in you. Bishop Philip will be with us on Easter Sunday and this is the date traditionally in the church that the faithful have confirmed their committment to Christ. The confirmation course will help peopel brush up on what we Anglicans are all about and the core beliefs of our church. It will be a relaxed open-ended group meeting on Tuesdays from 20th February to 27th March, from 7-9pm in the Chapel of the Upper Room. If you want to know more, contact Dean Peter after january 17th.
- 27-29 January: Visit of pilgrims from St Andre's Anglican church, Epsom, Auckland.
- 28 January: 10am Candlemass and Christingle service
- 4 February: Waitangi Day weekend, special service at 10am.
- 14 February: Ash Wednesday - a morning service with imposition of ashes, and an Ecumenical service at St Joseph's Roman Catholic church at 7pm.
- 18 February: Chapter and Vestry Extended planning day.
- 24/25 February: Parish Camp - building upon the success of last year's.