Kia ora koutou – as you know, New Plymouth (along with the rest of the country outside Auckland) has moved to Covid 19 Alert Level 2.
In the interests of safety and surety (and in keeping with Diocesan guidance issued by Archbishop Philip HERE) we will be operating at Level 2 for the next week (until Monday the 22nd) unless the Government announces a move to a higher alert level.
Changes to Upcoming Services:
- Bishop’s Eucharist (7am Tuesday Feb 16th in the Upper Hatherly Chapel) will go ahead (with appropriate physical distancing, hygiene and sign in practices in place)
- 10am Ash Wednesday Service (Wednesday Feb 17th) moved to the Interim Cathedral. There will be no imposition of the Ashes during this service in order to adhere to Level 2 physical distancing rules, all Level 2 rules apply).
- Ecumenical Ash Wednesday Service (7pm Wednesday Feb 17th) is cancelled (as we will be unable to adhere to Level 2 physical distancing rules.
- 8am Service Sunday Feb 21st will go ahead (with appropriate distancing, hygiene and sign-in practices in place).
- 10am Family Service Sunday will go ahead (with appropriate physical distancing, hygiene and sign in practices in place). To meet our social distancing guidelines, we ask that families with children go directly to the Peace Lounge where a children’s service will be held.
To keep yourself and others safe, please following the Alert Level 2 rules which include:
- Social distancing (outside your bubble) of at least 1 metre
- No physical sharing of the peace
- No sharing of food or drink
- Communion in one kind only (which we had already moved to)
- Be vigilant about personal hygiene (wash hands thoroughly, cough into elbow etc)
- Record your visit (via the Covid Ap/QR Code or the physical sign in sheet)
- If you are not feeling well stay home (and seek advice about getting tested)
- Although mask wearing is not mandatory at Level 2, you are more than welcome to use one (there is good scientific evidence that masks are an effective tool for limiting the spread of the virus).
If you are part of a Cathedral Group that meets regularly, please make sure you adhere to the Diocesan and Government guidelines or, if that isn't possible, postpone your next meeting until we are at Level 1 again.
While we remain at Level 2 the Community Café will take a break.
Finally, remember to do what is right for you. There is absolutely no pressure to attend services. Your physical, mental and spiritual health remains a top priority for all of us. If you need anything, please reach out by phoning Jennifer in the office on 75 83 111.
We will be in touch again soon
Arohanui Jacqui & Jay